Monday, August 6, 2012

Ride to Nemo

After a great breakfast at the Senior Center Don, Bonnie and I paid a visit to Cora in Rapid City.  We had a nice time with her and Don had a chance to read parts of the book that she wrote in conjunction with her brother Elmer.  We also paid a visit to Elmer's grave and placed an American Flag there.


Today's ride was to Nemo SD.  It is in the Black Hills National Park and has winding roads and scenic cliffs and bluffs.  When I figure out how to load a video I'll put it in the photo section which will provide a half hour of winding and twisting roads.

Prior to the ride we stopped in at the Harley Davidson Dealer in Rapid City, SD.  This is a huge place with all the major vendors there providing "chrome" and all the other stuff that just makes your bike look and run better.  I was able to resolve the issue with my TourPak Organizer and the company will send me new material to hold the pack in place.  It's a great product but the heat destroyed the adhesive.

Don Gentry also checked out his new motorcycle.  Not sure when it will be delivered.


Our last stop was to Trevino's Leather Shop where they have some of the finest leather vests, chaps, jackets and other items that I have seen anywhere.  I just had to try on one of the hats.

1 comment:

  1. Doc - did you buy the hat?? It looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete