Monday, July 30, 2012

Those Left Behind


In all our preparations, purchases, packing, time off requests and such, we can never prepare enough for those furry friends we leave behinds.  This is Minnie (pooch), Bobalou (kitty) and Bella (another kitty who you can't see as she is hiding upstairs). You would think we were leaving for a decade with all the preparations we have made for these guys (food, sitters, multiple page instruction guide, etc.) but only because we want the best for them.   But even as much as we love these guys, give me until 10am on Thursday and I'm sure I will have nothing but the open road on my mind, the smell of road kill in my nose and roughly 20 perfectly placed bugs nestled on my windshield along for the ride "Welcome aboard fellas, the scenery is going to be OUT-standing!!"

I know you can't tell <boing, boing, boing> but I am looking forward to lift off.  The furry friends have someone to care for them, I believe I have all the essentials needed for this trip, bike is maintenanced, I have checked my transmission/bike fluids (hate to put Don through THAT again), camping situation dry run was a success and now it is just few minor things at work to wrap up and than YAHOO - we are off!   

This will be mine and Don's first REAL trip together and I see nothing but fun/good times.  He is such a good guy... he is patient, kind, caring and... he can fix ANYthing!  Good qualities to have along on a motorcycle/camping trip, eh!?!   I am just excited to have additional memories to share, have stories to tell upon our return and continue to add to each others lives.  He is a pleasant (and rare, in my opinion), refreshing find.  I am honored to travel along side him and to be a part of his life. 

So.... wish us well, safe travels and decent weather.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Are we talking about the same Don? I know he's a good diesel mechanic because he fixed mine and taught me the difference between the green pump and the black pump once I cross the Mississippi River. I'll put him to the test on all those other attributes once the "ping fest" begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, ok. that hurt... and, he couldn't fix my transmission. anyway, wish i was hitting the road with you both. hickup i nthe project, but still hoping...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope that hiccup is tiny & we see you in SD...

      Delete