Monday, July 16, 2012

Counting the days down

On Friday I had the bike in for 20K service and switched over to Synthetic Oil.  I don't know if it's my imagination but the bike seems to ride quieter with synthetic than with dino.  Maybe, just having fresh oil, of any kind, quieted it down.  All I know is that it is running great and I'm ready to leave.  We're down to 16 days before departure and I think I have everything prepared.

Yesterday I got some riding in on the secondary highways around here as part of a Ronald McDonald House Charity Ride.  Got to cruise along at about 60 MPH with my feet up and bagpipe music blaring from the CD player.  I'm looking forward to the corn and bean fields of Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.  I've got the maps out and will be looking for places where they have Lewis and Clark sites once I get to Nebraska.  Still working on how I want to mount the GoPro camera for taking videos but I'll work on that next weekend. 

Not much left to do now but count the days down.  Been trying to post my route map to the blog but so far no luck; guess that gives me 3 things to do

1 comment:

  1. Buzz to the max here Doc... map checking, route checking... go here... go there... options...

    I don't quite get it as all I plan on doing is pointing my front tire to the east and twisting the throttle backwards as often as I can.

    These modern day folks insist on this stuff called... what is it?... "planning" ???

    Soon enought we'll see your seagoin' tooska in the badlands and a hellacious party will ensue.

    It will be a memory factory I guarantee my friend...

    Until then... CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete