Friday, July 27, 2012

Final Countdown.... I hope


And if all goes well, i will be on the road.

The projects are bringing it down to the wire. IT looks like everything is in place and just crossing my fingers that I have not overlooked anything and there are no last minute emergencies to deal complicate things.

I know Doc is heading out Wednesday, and after a wonderful breakfast I am looking forward to next Thursday at the Testy Chef, Don and Bonnie will be on the road as well.  I will be waiting until the end of business east coast time Friday to head out.  And with that will be my first long distance travel solo.  But I believe with everything of late, the 1200 miles of lone time on the road will do the head a good cleansing.

So a few last minute items to take care. Of, and for anyone who listened to last year’s trip, checking the trany fluid is on my list.

So we get ready for the big trip.  You can see from the web cams that Sturgis is also starting to prepare for the mass migration and 24 hour roar of motorcycles.
 
So pack ‘em up and bring it on.  The road is calling, and it’s just about time to answer.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to meeting and greeting you at the campsite. Be safe on that solo ride. I'm riding solo also and I really enjoy it. You're correct that it is real "head therapy" to be out there with just the gentle rumble (or roar) of the pipes and the sights, sounds and smells of the open road.

    ReplyDelete