Sunday, October 23, 2011

Today may be the last ride of the season...Not!

It's a clear day in Michigan with little or no wind.  Still cold but supposed to get into the 60's later.  This may be my last day to ride before the "witch of November" arrives signifying the arrival of winter.  The predictions are calling for snow in the middle of the week.  I'll see if I can get any photos of the remaining colors.

We got the ride in and it was gorgeous.  Are there any sweeter words than your wife asking "is it too cold to ride?".  We only went about 40-50 miles but the weather was crisp but sunny and the fall air is full of the aroma of  cut crops, turned soil and burning leaves.  I love this time of year and with luck there will still be a few more rides to take before winter.  If not, then at least we didn't let this day get away from us.

After today the blog may go silent for long periods (sort of like being on patrol) but as I dream up anything I think is interesting I'll add it.

Don and Brian don't hesitate to add any "pearls" you may come up with. 

Safe riding; see you in Sturgis

Doc

2 comments:

  1. Doc, first frost here today in WA. Bonnie and I rode weekend before last and stopped at the Red Hot in Tacoma where they serve up some pretty strange hot dog combinations (peanut butter and bacon - good!) but their coney wouldn't stand a chance in the mitten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took the bike out to top off the fuel tank and add StaBil. Started raining on my way home. Thank God for leather. Not sure if this is the last ride but if it is the bike is ready to go on "shore power" for the winter

    ReplyDelete