Friday, October 21, 2011

The Doldrums of Winter

It's been raining here for well over a week and the temps are struggling to get out of the 40's.  Riding season is about over and the time between now and next spring will be measured in months, weeks, then days.  Over the winter I plan to make a few more modifications to my bike to be ready for the ride to Sturgis to meet Don, Bonnie and Brian.  I'll be adding a sound system and a safety light bar to my brake and turn signals.  I like how the 3 flashing lights get the "cagers" attention when you're stopping or slowing down.  Around here (Detroit area) you can't be too careful when out on the road. 
I'll probably also put some new tires on and maybe replace the brakes.  That should put the bike in top shape for the two major trips next year; Sturgis and Norfolk.

I still plan to play around with this blog a bit to "spice" it up but that will be on days when I'm really looking for things to do.  Maybe I'll see if I can add a "countdown" calendar to it.

Hope you west coasters are all doing well.

Outta here; there's coffee to be consumed

No comments:

Post a Comment