Friday, October 14, 2011

Reporting for Duty



Needless to say, when I was invited to Breakfast at the Testy Chef, next August 1st, it took all of about three seconds to realize what was up.



Having known Don for the past few years, I am looking forward to meeting Fred, Doc, on next year’s adventure. I am honored to be riding with the two vets through some of the best motorcycle roads and beautiful country I have had the pleasure to ride in.

Although, with a couple of submarine vets, and my lack of standing in such a prestigious crowd, I have to hope that I do not end up as the sacrificial cabin boy. Though it would not be unwarranted I suppose.

But all kidding aside. I look forward to the trip with the two prior gentlemen. Bonnie, who I have known for close to eight years now? And enjoy every moment of it. I also look forward to seeing the Midwest crew I was fortunate enough to meet last year and share camp with.

Yes, will be my third trip back, and I already can’t wait. fluid levels are checked, and will be numerous times again before the trip.

Thanks for the invite, looking forward to the year of preparation. Just 297 days until opening ceremonies. Let’s Ride.

3 comments:

  1. We'll have to get a photo of the three of us in that same pose; 4 if Bonnie agrees to be seen in public with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think that opportunity might arrise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope that opportunity will arise

    ReplyDelete