Saturday, November 5, 2011

It's Veterans Appreciation Weekend at the Harley Store

I think I'll take a run down there today since it looks like the weather will be decent.  Maybe I can pick up a good chili recipe for cooking around the campfire next year.
You guys like chili?  I'm also sure there is something made out of chrome that I absolutely have to have.
Maybe I'll upload some photos later if there is anything good going on.

Not much going on at the event and attendance was pretty sparse.  The food was decent and the ride was crisp but enjoyable.  I bought a couple of maintenance items and that was it.  My next adventure will be to watch paint dry.  I was going to watch grass grow but with winter fast approaching that activity will have to wait until spring.

2 comments:

  1. was able to get out for a good scoot last week. probably my last "long" ride for the winter. (about 250). but in the north west, we are fortunate that an occasional sunny day, immediately brings the opportunity. jsut wrap up tight, and go.

    But for the most part, it is now down to cycling the engine, running the oil, etc. But soon the lures of spring will be upon us, and then it will be time for the great Sturgis trek. the countdown has begun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some snow flurries yesterday but there might still be some riding days left before the battery tender and winter cover goes on; 261 days until I leave to meet up with you guys

    ReplyDelete