Tuesday, April 3, 2012

121 days before leaving for Sturgis

Too cold and rainy to ride today so I helped a friend of mine pull the wheels from his 2009 Ultra Glide so he could swap out the tires.  This was a "training class" for me and I got to hand him tools and learn from the master; sort of like "School of the Boat". 

As Don knows I'm not much with the mechanical side of things and do better with things that breathe and bleed in the fixing up department.  But as all submarine sailors know you better know how your equipment works so that you can fix it when the time comes or at least be able to explain it to the service department who is sending out help. 

Anyway, it was a good learning experience and I may even try the work on my own bike when the time comes to replace my tires which will be at the end of the year, if all goes well.  His bike is a little more complex than mine because he has ABS brakes and I don't.  Other than that the bikes are identical so it was good experience and not quite as daunting as I envisioned.

Now we just need a return to the good weather to get some more riding in.

Looking forward to Sturgis and Norfolk this year.

See you in South Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment