Monday, June 11, 2012

Made my reservations at Katmandu Campground today; talked to a gent named Dave who walked me through the process of registering on-line and letting them know I will be meeting up with Don Gentry as part of the Bob Kerske Group. 

All that's left to do now is test out all my camping equipment to ensure it doesn't leak and get the oil changed in my bike prior to leaving.  Everything else is set. 

Don periodically "pings" on me for overplanning, and he's probably right.  But, it gives me something to do while I'm waiting to depart.  Still looking for somebody to ride along with but I imagine there will be plenty of riders heading that way that I might be able to tag along with.  If not, then so be it.  I actually enjoy riding solo and exploring places I haven't been to.

It started raining here; think I'll put the tent up and test it out.

Tent is up and rain has stopped for now; so far it is still dry inside.  Might sleep outdoors tonight just to give it the "acid test"

No comments:

Post a Comment