Tuesday, January 17, 2012

197 Days until departure to Sturgis

Seems like a long ways off but when the temps are hitting 50+F here in Michigan it is easy to dream about the open road.  I finished the installation of the radio today by replacing the broken speaker brace.  Probably the only part on the bike that costs under $200.00 which seems to be the new standard for Harley parts.  I even got a "mechanics lift" out of the deal.  The brother of the guy who helped me install it (the guy who actually did all the work) sold me an extra lift for $50.00.  Works great and the bike is now up off the concrete which should have some benefits for the tires.  If not, it looks cool and gives me a little more room in the garage. 

I learned you have to start the bike up to recycle some of the gauges in order to reactivate them after disconnecting the battery.  I was tempted to go for a short spin in this warm weather but it's raining fairly steady so I didn't go.  If I lived in Seattle a little rain wouldn't have mattered but us "Mitten Dwellers" shy away from that stuff in the winter.

1 comment: